- OMEGA AP-2040 is an anionic polyelectrolyte
- OMEGA AP-2040 will react quickly at a pH level of 7 to 12 to flocculate metal hydroxides.
- A rapidly formed dense floc, of large size and agglomeration, provides for immediate settling in clarifiers and holding basins.
- Flocculation is rapid, of large size, and agglomeration, for immediate settling.
- Wide pH operating range to ensure flocculation is complete and of high density.
- Metal hydroxide is tightly bound to the polymer lattice structure resulting in a high tolerance for mixing and shear resistance.
Type: Anionic polyelectrolyte
Charge: 40% charge density
Molecular Weight: High
Appearance: White powder
Viscosity @ 25° C (77° F): 2000 cps. at 1% solution
|Dosage Range and Feed Methods||
The OMEGA AP-2040 dosage will range from 1 ppm to 1000 ppm depending upon solids composition and particle charge differential.
A solution of OMEGA AP-2040 is prepared by the following procedure.
Tanks of plastic or mild steel composition are acceptable. Pumps of plastic or metal composition are recommended. Alloys of brass, copper, galvanized, or aluminum, are not compatible.
|Safety and Handling||
OMEGA AP-2040 should not come in contact with skin, eyes, or hair. Use appropriate safety equipment to prevent contact. If contact does occur, flush exposed area with soap and water for 15 minutes.
Bags and containers of OMEGA AP-2040 should be tightly closed after use. OMEGA AP-2040 is hydroscopic and will swell in humid atmospheres. Store in a dry and cool location.
|Container Size and Shipping||
OMEGA AP-2040 is available in 50 lb. [22.5 Kg]. containers.
Spills of OMEGA AP-2040 are very slippery and should be localized and contained with absorbent material. Do not attempt to wash down spills to dilute product. As with any chemical application for waste treatment, conform to all applicable regulatory criteria.