- OMEGA AP-2210 is an anionic polyelectrolyte in emulsion form.
- OMEGA AP-2210 will react quickly at a pH level of 7 to 12 to flocculate metal hydroxides.
- A rapidly formed dense floc, of large size and agglomeration, provides for immediate settling in clarifiers and holding basins.
- OMEGA AP-2210 is a very effective as a sludge conditioning agent.
- Metal hydroxide is tightly bound to the polymer lattice structure resulting in a high tolerance for mixing and shear resistance.
Type: Anionic polyelectrolyte
Form: Liquid concentrate
Charge: 32% charge density
Molecular Weight: Medium
Appearance: Opaque white liquid
Odor: Hydrocarbon odor
Viscosity: 0.5% solution is 500 cps @ 20° C
Density: 981 gm./l (8.18 lb./gal.)
|Dosage Range and Feed Methods||
The OMEGA AP-2210 dosage will range from 0.5 ppm to 15 ppm depending upon solids composition and particle charge differential.
Dilutions of OMEGA AP-2210 are required to fully activate the polymer concentrate.
A solution of OMEGA AP-2210 should be diluted with water to a 0.1% to 02% solution strength.
Dilutions of OMEGA AP-2210 should be agitated via a mixer for a period of 20 to 30 minutes.
Tanks of plastic or lined mild steel composition are compatible. Pumps of plastic or any non-metal composition are compatible.
Application in the point of high turbulence will maximize performance. The use of a rapid mixer after the addition of OMEGA AP-2210 will further promote floc size and agglomeration.
|Safety and Handling||
OMEGA AP-2210 is a non hazardous material. Use appropriate safety equipment to prevent eye and skin contact. If contact does occur, wash with water. If eye irritation develops, seek medical attention.
|Container Size and Shipping||
OMEGA AP-2210 is available in 275 gallon totes, 55 gallon drums, and 5 gallon containers
EU sizing : 1040 Liter totes, 208 Liter drums, and 18 Kg containers
Spills of OMEGA AP-2210 are very slippery and should be localized and contained with absorbent material. As with any chemical application for waste treatment, conform to all applicable regulatory criteria.