- OMEGA MP-5165 is a concentrated alkaline-sulfide based metal precipitant.
- OMEGA MP-5165 is utilized for the reduction of metal ions from industrial wastewater and process water applications.
- OMEGA MP-5165 can be applied as a metal reduction agent for both batch and continuous water treatment systems, as well as a final polishing agent, in any type of metal precipitation system.
- OMEGA MP-5165 was developed for wastewater treatment applications where metallics are highly complexed and/or the discharge limits are of very low concentration.
Precipitates all metals where conventional treatments are not feasible.
- Can be used as a polishing aid, to assure compliance for a known metal(s) that may be borderline for discharge compliance, with an existing treatment program.
Type: Metal precipitant
Appearance: Clear yellow – green color
Odor: sulfur odor
pH: (of concentrate) approx. 12 to 14
Density: 1090 gm/l (9.7 lb/gal)
|Dosage Range and Feed Methods||
OMEGA MP-5165 reacts with metal ions to form insoluble sulfur compounds. Chelated metals are readily reacted and precipitated by applying OMEGA MP-5165.
Do not apply OMEGA MP-5165 at pH levels below 8 standard units.
At lower pH levels, OMEGA MP-5165 will dissociate and the breakdown products will include hydrogen sulfide.
OMEGA MP-5165 is to be fed as a concentrate. Dilutions of OMEGA MP-5165 can be made with water, however the dilution will produce a sulfur odor. Pump and feed lines should be of a plastic composition, i.e., PVC, polystyrene, etc.
|Safety and Handling||
OMEGA MP-5165 should not come in contact with skin, eyes, or hair. Use appropriate safety equipment to prevent contact. If contact does occur, flush area with water for 15 minutes. Seek medical attention if irritation develops. As with all sulfide derivatives, the odor of “sulfur” will be noted when OMEGA MP-5165 is in use.
Precautions should be made to assure acidic pH levels do not contact OMEGA MP-5165, as the generation of hydrogen sulfide gas could create safety concerns in the work area.
Always keep the pH of treatment solutions above 8.0 before adding OMEGA MP-5165.
|Container Size and Shipping||
OMEGA MP-5165 is available in 275 gallon totes, 55 gallon drums, and 5 gallon containers
EU sizing : 1040 Liter totes, 208 Liter drums, and 21 Kg containers
OMEGA MP-5165 is a proprietary blend which does contain inorganic sulfide as a component.
As with any chemical application for waste treatment, conform to all applicable regulatory criteria.